Hi there! My background includes founding several businesses (including a startup that grew into an award winning company) and a wealth of “game day” experience in operations, startup business, events, entertainment, and hospitality. Described as high-energy “jack of all trades” problem solver, I use my experience to help make stuff happen. I also share knowledge via a freelance consulting service, helping various clients execute difficult projects.
I’ve developed a broad perspective and uniquely varied skill set applicable to a wide range of business. Who know’s whats next, but it’s likely to be challenging, exciting, and ultimately a success!
Dazed Events is the trading name for short term contractual engagements. I take a variety of work under this banner, including event, venue, stage, artist, conference and general event management roles. Examples in the portfolio section!
Experience & Clients
Please see the “resume” and “portfolio” tabs.
On Call for Clients 24x7x365
Featured in over a dozen tv, radio, and online media releases
Qualified Scuba Diver & Boat Captain!
Awarded Young Citizen Of The Year – Adelaide Australia Day Awards, + more
Founder & Managing Director
Soundpond.net / Beatshed
Soundpond.net was a real-world radio station incorporating live video streaming and a chatroom to present Adelaide’s underground electronic music talent to the world. 52 live shows a week on the radio side, 7 nights a week in the venue, and presented and curated external events. Starting quite literally in a bedroom, we grew into our premises, developed our own online infrastructure, and learned quite a lot!
- Growth: Grew company to 200+ clients, 10+ staff, 15,000+ social follows
- Fundraising: $100k+ Wrote state & local grant applications & directed kickstarter-style campaign.
- Sales: Landed cash + sponsorship from Coopers, Stereosonic, Allans Billy Hyde, liquor brands, etc.
- Writing: approvals and contracts (Liquor, Council, Police, Noise/EPA, Lease, Insurance, etc).
- Operations: Scheduled 50+ live radio shows a week, including interviewing new show hosts.
- Events: Licencee/director, several large-scale external liquor licenced events (300-700pax)
- Media: Wrote press releases and interviewed by state, national, and online media.
- Tech: Implemented apps + databases for email, calendar, staffing, accounting, 100+ volunteers
Operations, Events, Hospitality Management.
Freelancing as “Dazed Events”
Now a freelance Business, Startup, and Events consultatant and game-day operations gun. Some examples of events serviced include
- Operations Manager / 3IC: Ultra Music Festival. Licensee & Directors right hand man. 20k pax.
- Area Manager: Formula 1: VVIP Member Lounge, Pit Straight. 700 pax, 4 days, 30+ staff.
- Area Manager: Melbourne Cup / Spring Carnival: 1500pax complex
FOH/BOH, security, compliance, medical response. ~120 staff.
- Stage Manager: SGAPAC – 70+ speaker, 2-day conference @ MCEC.
- Member Manager – Pause Festival – 100+ speaker, 2-day conference @ Fed Square.
- Includes stints as a Box Office Manager, various weddings/corp activations, etc.
Click “portfolio” on the left for several major engagement case studies!
Analyst and Freelance Web
FT roles as an I.T Analyst for State Government, Private Airlines, and long term as a freelancer. Experience includes support roles, web dev, SQL queries, VPS setup, Media Server setup, POE Camera install and setup, workstation and server building, and more.
Australia Day Awards
Young Citizen Of The Year – 2015
City Of Adelaide
In recognition of achievement in startup business and community endeavours as voted by an Australia Day Awards panel, awarded by the Lord Mayor City Of Adelaide.
News Corp – The Advertiser
SA’s Fastest Rising Stars Under 30 – 215
In recognition of achievement in business, listed as one of SA’s most innovative “disruptors to watch” in 2015.
Australia’s 100 Most Innovative Products
Ranked ~30 top most innovative new business nationally by the Anthill Magazine annual awards.
Former Lord Mayor, Adelaide. Urban Futurist City 2050.
Adam has demonstrated that he can rise to complex challenges providing contemporary, compassionate and practical leadership skills and as such I have no hesitation in recommending him for any work he puts his mind to. Full reference available at this link.
Private Banker – Macquarie Private Bank
I’ve known Adam for well over a decade, and consider him a great friend. His achievements since come as no surprise to someone familiar with his character. I’d have no hesitation recommending him to any team!
Customer – Freelance Web Service
You are just awesome. Thanks Adam. Would you be available for more things at some point? I can not thank you enough!
based in Melbourne, Aus. Available to travel.
0477 176 823
info [at] adamch.com