Hello, and welcome! This site exists as an online portfolio of sorts, an idle thoughts writing outlet, and as a host for several back end web based experiments I’ve usually got bubbling at any one time.
My background includes founding several businesses (including a startup that grew into an award winning company) and a wealth of hands-on experience in information technology, event and business operations, entertainment, and hospitality. A high-energy “jack of all trades” problem solver, I enjoy simply finding a way to make things happen, and learning something new every day.
I’ve developed a broad perspective and uniquely varied skill set applicable to a wide range of technologies, industries, and ventures. You can see some of these experiences in the portfolio and resume sections in the sidebar.
I never quite know what’s coming up next, but I always find a way to get it done. If you’ve got a project, a problem, a role, an idea, a need, I’m always interested in a coffee and a chat.
Experience & Clients
Please see the “resume” and “portfolio” tabs for some case studies on some of my favourite previous engagements. My LinkedIn is the most up to date.
Head of Technology
The largest video gaming and entertainment complex in the southern hemisphere. Located in the heart of the CBD, Fortress Melbourne is a 1000-person capacity venue featuring : 160 gaming PCs, console gaming suites, several streaming / podcast suites, a medieval themed tavern, two bars, a merchandise shop, a 200-seat esports and events arena with a fully-fledged broadcast and production suite across 2,700m2 and three floors. Read the case study / more here.
● Southern hemisphere’s largest and most complex venue in its category
● Encompassing all aspects of technology. Corporate systems, live broadcast, gaming, hospitality, etc
● Head of department: Project management, planning and execution. Financial tracking, budgeting, quoting, purchasing. System design, implementation planning, cutover and management, etc
● External contractor project scoping and management
● Head technician during live in venue and remote/online based productions, including designing, implementing and operating relevant infrastructure
● Day-to-day system administration inc emergency triage and resolution
● Scoping and deploying remote COVID solutions on short notice, from corporate team support and systems to entire live and remote broadcast production platforms
● Onboarding and training staff
● Systems included a VMWare cluster, Active Directory/Azure, Dell networking stack/storage, iSCSI pxe env, POE IP CCTV, multi-outlet POS, , live broadcast studios, in venue A/V, and much more. Detail at the bottom here.
Founder & Managing Director
Soundpond.net / Beatshed
Soundpond.net was a real-world radio station incorporating live video streaming and a chatroom to present Adelaide’s underground electronic music talent to the world. 52 live shows a week on the radio side, 7 nights a week in the venue, and presented and curated external events. Starting quite literally in a bedroom, we grew into our premises, developed our own online infrastructure, and learned. Read the case study / more here.
● Growth: Grew company to 200+ clients, 10+ staff, 15,000+ social follows
● Fundraising: $100k+ Wrote state & local grant applications & directed kickstarter-style campaign
● Sales: Landed cash + sponsorship from Coopers, Stereosonic, Allans Billy Hyde, liquor brands, etc
● Writing: approvals and contracts (Liquor, Council, Police, Noise/EPA, Lease, Insurance, etc)
● Operations: Scheduled 50+ live radio shows a week, including interviewing new show hosts
● Events: Licencee/director, several large-scale external liquor licenced events (300-700pax)
● Media: Wrote press releases and interviewed by state, national, and online media
● Tech: Implemented apps + databases for email, calendar, staffing, accounting, 100+ volunteers
Operations, Events, Hospitality Management.
Freelancing as “Dazed Events”
Now a freelance Business, Startup, and Events consultatant and game-day operations gun. Some examples of events serviced include
● Operations Manager / 3IC: Ultra Music Festival. Licensee & Directors right hand man. 20k pax
● Area Manager: Formula 1: VVIP Member Lounge, Pit Straight. 700 pax, 4 days, 30+ staff
● Area Manager: Melbourne Cup / Spring Carnival: 1500pax complex. FOH/BOH, security, compliance, medical response. ~120 staff
● Stage Manager: SGAPAC – 70+ speaker, 2-day conference @ MCEC
● Member Manager – Pause Festival – 100+ speaker, 2-day conference @ Fed Square
● + others (Box Office Manager, various activations, etc)
Click “portfolio” on the left for several major engagement case studies!
Analyst and Freelance Web
FT roles as an I.T Analyst for State Government, Private Airlines, and long term as a freelancer. Experience includes support roles, web dev, SQL queries, VPS setup, Media Server setup, POE Camera install and setup, workstation and server building, and more.
Australia Day Awards
Young Citizen Of The Year – 2015
City Of Adelaide
In recognition of achievement in startup business and community endeavours as voted by an Australia Day Awards panel, awarded by the Lord Mayor City Of Adelaide.
News Corp – The Advertiser
SA’s Fastest Rising Stars Under 30 – 215
In recognition of achievement in business, listed as one of SA’s most innovative “disruptors to watch” in 2015.
Australia’s 100 Most Innovative Products
Ranked ~30 top most innovative new business nationally by the Anthill Magazine annual awards.
Former Lord Mayor, Adelaide. Urban Futurist City 2050.
Adam has demonstrated that he can rise to complex challenges providing contemporary, compassionate and practical leadership skills and as such I have no hesitation in recommending him for any work he puts his mind to. Full reference available at this link.
Private Banker – Macquarie Private Bank
I’ve known Adam for well over a decade, and consider him a great friend. His achievements since come as no surprise to someone familiar with his character. I’d have no hesitation recommending him to any team!
Customer – Freelance Web Service
You are just awesome. Thanks Adam. Would you be available for more things at some point? I can not thank you enough!
Based in Melb, Aus. Enjoy travelling. Eligible for UK Citizenship.
Phone 0477176823 / +61477176823